How to activate my Public Mobile SIM Card with referral code? How to configure my Android and iPhone?
How to activate my Public SIM Card ?
- If you bought SIM Card from us and paid first month, the SIM card is already activated. It's just plug & play into an unlocked phone. Also you need register a self serve account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/
- If you bought SIM card from other stores and just need a referral code to activate. Please send empty body e-mail with subject "Referral" to pm@ModemOutlet.com (NOT case sensitive).You'll get automatic reply with referral code and a short tutorial. Please check your spamming folder if you didn't see it in 5 minutes.
- OR if you don't have e-mail but has Cell Phone, you can send a "Hello" SMS to 416-999-4449 for the Referral code
Here is a sample e-mail to ask Referral code:
How to configure my Android Phone or iPhone to use data ?
- If you're using iPhone (iPhone 4s and up), both data & call will work out of box. Just need a reboot.
- If you're using Android Phone, you need configure APN , save and reboot.
First you need located the APN setting, it's either Access Point Name, or APN in Setting of your phone, after do the setting:
Set up your APN
- Name: Public Mobile
- APN: sp.mb.com
- Proxy: Leave blank
- Port: Leave blank
- Username: Leave blank
- Password: Leave blank
- Server: Leave blank
- MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
- MMSC proxy: 126.96.36.199
- MMS port: 80
- MCC: 302
- MNC: 220
- Authentication type: Leave blank
- APN type: Leave blank
If you feel it's difficult to do the setting, please pay local phone repair store and ask them do it for you.